Exercising can be a very effective way of losing weight and an achievable target is to lose one pound of body weight per week. If you can burn 500 calories a day, which adds up 3,500 calories, the same amount that is found in one pound of fat. Intense cardio includes some of the best exercises to lose weight, as it will increase you rate of metabolism. One of the most effective uses of cardio work is through an interval program. This is where different exercises are done in set of a given for time. For example, you may begin with 15 minutes on the treadmill, followed by 15 minutes on the bike machine and ending with 15 minutes on the rowing machine. In order to understand the other uses of cardio exercise, it can be broken down in to two groups both of which include some of the best exercises to lose weight.
The first group is known as slow and steady cardio and includes exercise sub-groups including long duration, which should last for at least 45 minutes and low intensity exercise. These kinds can effectively burn fat rather than carbs and also help to preserve joins in the body. The second group is high intensity cardio, which means short duration or around 30 minutes and high intensity work such as interval training. These kinds of exercises will burn loads of calories and keep your metabolism working hard all through the day. Try combining the two groups or alternating to see which one proves to be the best exercises to lose weight for your body type. Below is a list of some of the best cardio exercises which are known to burn loads tons of calories in just 30 minutes.
- Step Aerobics effectively burn fat from the legs, hips and glutes and is a popular choice amongst women.
- Bicycling whether it is indoors or outdoors is a great cardio exercise.
- Swimming is a great way to burn off calories and it works the whole body. 3O minutes of breaststroke will burn around 400 calories.
- Racquetball, what with all that running backwards and forwards that is requires is another great cardio work out.
- Rock climbing is not only a cardio work out but also strengthens the arms and legs.
- Cross country skiing works the whole body and can be done using a machine or outdoors for real.
- Running is an effective and popular cardio exercise as it can be done anywhere.
- Elliptical trainer is a great endurance-building machine and can also burn around 300 calories in 30 minutes.
- Rowing will give your arms a great work out whilst at the same time burning a lot of calories.
- Walking, especially up hill or with bouts of sprinting can be another one of the best exercises to lose weight.
For three more exercises, which are very high intensity workouts but will really burn the calories, try:
- Skipping rope – This is one of the oldest and simplest forms of exercises but is also one of the most effective exercises that you could do. In 15 minutes of jumping a skipping rope, you will give your entire body a total workout. You will burn calories and improve cardiovascular endurance as well as improve and maintain hand eye co-ordination, lateral movement and foot and hand agility.
- Sprinting – This is another easy but incredibly effective exercise. You will burn calories and increase your metabolism for up to days afterwards. You don’t need to sprint continuously for a long time, for great results combine it with periods of jogging.
- Spinning-These classes are led by an instructor and mimic the feeling of a difficult bike ride only set to music.